Winning Communities Vision
- We believe that how people in our community see themselves has everything to do with their well-being.
- We can just let the future happen to us or we can organize ourselves for success.
- There are many great organizations getting good things done. That can’t stop. But what happens if we all come together to work on the collective vision?
- Winning Communities wants to partner with other Carlinville stakeholders in a spirit of cooperation to eliminate roadblocks to progress caused by territorialism and turf wars.
- Winning Communities is a sustainable process where the community comes together to assess our current situation, develop an agreed-upon vision for our future, and work together on action plans to become the community we believe we can be.
- Winning Communities is made up of many community volunteers. We are directed by a steering team and team leaders of specific goal areas. Each goal leader has a team working on a particular area of the community.
- The areas of focus are:
- Community Pride/Beautification/Downtown Development
- Economic Development
- Education/Lifelong Learning
- Social Services
- Broadband Connectivity
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure
- Winning Communities is moving in the direction of nonprofit charitable organization (501c3 status).